MyXoops Forum

Re: Xoops and php4.4 uncompatible?? [NON-German-Forum] - myXOOPS German Support

Gast

Gepostet am:28.10.2005 11:51
Gast
Gast (Show more)
Since:

Re: Xoops and php4.4 uncompatible??

Indeed, UXMichael is completely right! The functions and classes have to be rewritten.

But as I mentionend this beforehand - the Core Devs are fully aware of this.

UXMichael

"myXOOPs"-Neuling
Gepostet am:28.10.2005 11:45
UXMichael
UXMichael Offline (Show more)
"myXOOPs"-Neuling
Since: 23.10.2005

Its not a bug. In php4.4 was fixed some bugs from prior 4.4 so the messages are correct.
Its on xoops development to fix this.

Advertisement

Gepostet am:0
Advertisement (Show more)
Since: 0

Hier könnten Sie Ihre Anzeige aufgeben!
Bitte kontaktieren Sie uns, um mehr darüber zu erfahren.

Shine

"myXOOPs"-Neuling
Gepostet am:28.10.2005 09:19
Shine
Shine Offline (Show more)
"myXOOPs"-Neuling
Since: 02.11.2002

Hm, I hardly can imagine that I am almost the only one who has to work with php4.4 (since yesterday).
I am curious if other encouter the same msgs who had a php upgrade to this version during a running xoopswebsite.
Zitat:
..some notices ..

This is an understatement. The list of core notice msgs is veryyyyyyyyyy long. And I mean very looooong. Wau to long.
I read the article, but sorry to say I don't understand this technical talk.

Grtz., Shine

Gast

Gepostet am:28.10.2005 08:23
Gast
Gast (Show more)
Since:

Hmmm, found an interesting article with a link to php.net about references.

I do know that the core devs are fully aware of this because they updated the xoops-server also to PHP 4.4 and got some notices and I think this will be fixed.

Here is the link to the article

Shine

"myXOOPs"-Neuling
Gepostet am:28.10.2005 08:06
Shine
"myXOOPs"-Neuling

No, they are all Notice msgs.

I'll copy a tiny some of the long long list.
Since the site is closed, on the inlogscreen:
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 493
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 386

After inlog:

Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 493
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 386
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 188
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 108
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 260
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 289
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/database.php line 128
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 260
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 289
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 108
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 97
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 112
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file header.php line 136

And so on............pages long. Some repeatatly and all kinds of sorts. They ALL are related to the core.
If you feel like viewing my php-info, please let me know and I'll pm you the url to this file.

Grtz., Shine

Gast

Gepostet am:28.10.2005 00:33
Gast
Gast (Show more)
Since:

I am not sure, but I read that these warning are caused by the way PHP4.4 was set up on the server.

So I assume that is not really a XOOPS-problem, but I have to investigate this again.

Error like this?

Zitat:
Warning [PHP]: preg_match: internal pcre_fullinfo() error -3

Shine

"myXOOPs"-Neuling
Gepostet am:28.10.2005 00:28
Shine
"myXOOPs"-Neuling

Xoops and php4.4 uncompatible??

For some time I am running xoops 2.0.13.1 without any problems.
Today, after an Internetbreak of more then 24 hrs, I got surprised by a lot of core debug notices. The list is that long so it is absolutely undo-able to copy and paste the lists.
Surprised by it, I went searching and on the end I found out my hoster has done a php version upgrade to 4.4 just today. That way my conclusion is that this upgrade is problemcauser of it.

Is xoops 2.0.13.1 not php4.4 compatible?
What should I do to make these msgs disappear? Why does php4.4 upgrade cause so many core debug notices mesgs?

Grtz., Shine
Diesen Thread durchsuchen:  1 Anonyme Benutzer

Aktuell aus dem Forum

Forum Thema Antworten Views Letzter Beitrag
OffOffTopic [Wichtig] Übernahme myXOOPS 0 494 11.12.2023 18:57
alfred Gehe zum letzten Beitrag
Die Installation und Administration von XOOPS 2.5.X [Offen] Upgrade 2.5.11 3 2208 07.05.2023 07:03
Goffy Gehe zum letzten Beitrag